Why Natural Living?
Updated: Feb 19, 2018
Natural living with plant based products is possible and can be an affordable way to
"Ditch the Chemicals and Switch to Nature"
Follow along with us on our Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/groups/Livingascreated/
In today’s world, some of the most dangerous things that affect our health are things we willingly expose ourselves to on the daily. And some of these things might not be what you expect! In fact, you might be completely oblivious to the fact that the products we use on ourselves, in our home, on our children, and in our everyday lives, could be the very things that are contributing to why we’re sick, why we have health problems, why we struggle emotionally, and why we are not living a life full of wellness, purpose, and abundance.
Facts about everyday products from the store:
- Store bought soaps contain sodium laureth sulfate, a toxic chemical used to remove car grease off of garage floors. This can be damaging to the skin, as well as disruptive to immune health and hormonal health.
- Both adult and kid shampoos contain phthalates, a toxic chemical that has been banned in children’s toys, but is still found in body cleansing products. It is known to be an endocrine disruptor, and very hard for the body to break down when used consistently during bath time.
- The main ingredient in candles and home sprays is formaldehyde, which is the number one cancer causing chemical, and is what we get embalmed with at the morgue. They say inhaling scents from candles or sprays is the equivalent to inhaling second hand smoke, which is even more dangerous than actually smoking the cigarette itself.
- Store bought household cleaning products contain 2-butoxyethanol, which is a toxin known to cause sore throat, narcosis, and severe liver and kidney damage.
- Store bought laundry detergents and dryer sheets contain alpha-terpineol, benzyl alcohol, and camphor, which are all toxic ingredients that cause central nervous system disorders, loss of muscular coordination, central nervous system depression, headaches, nausea, and vomiting.
- Many baby products contain the listed ingredient “fragrance,” which is simply a broad category that hides hundreds of toxic chemicals behind that word itself. Companies are not required to reveal the actual chemicals that are within the “fragrance” category, hence keeping the public in the dark about the true toxicity of the products we use on our little ones.
- Women apply over 300 chemicals to their face and skin per day, including talc, bismuth, parabens, lead, mercury, and mineral oil. These chemicals are all found in store bought skin care and makeup products, which can disrupt the endocrine system, are highly carcinogenic, and have even been found in tumors.
When we use these products on ourselves and our children on a daily basis, the toxins build up and accumulate within our bodies – a process called “bioaccumulation.” This means that the more we expose ourselves to these toxins, the harder it is for our bodies to break them down. Because of this build up, it causes both minor and major health issues, that otherwise could be prevented if we simply quit using those toxins. Even if these issues aren’t apparent right now, they will be apparent later on down the road.
What’s even scarier to know, is some of the most popular “organic” products can still contain some the ingredients above. Even if you think you’re making a better decision about going organic instead of conventional, there is still a probability that your organic product is still highly toxic for yourself or your little ones. Don’t believe me? Visit the Environmental Working Group website at ewg.org, plug in the ingredients of your products, and see how high it is rated in toxicity. Or, download the “Think Dirty” app on your smartphone, and look at the toxicity levels. The results will shock you, and will make you want to throw those products in the trash.
Now that we’ve effectively freaked you out, let us begin by saying there is NO JUDGEMENT HERE! We used to use those products ourselves, all the time, on ourselves and our kids. But once we educated ourselves on the toxicity of what we are using in our home, and once we ditched and switched over to plant based products, our lives changed forever, and our families experienced the perfect wellness that God always intended for us to have. And because we’ve seen such amazing changes, we felt it necessary to educate YOU on these invisible toxins in your home, too!
So, what can I use instead?
The only company we trust that has products with NONE of the chemicals listed above, that is even better than the “organic” label, and that only contains the purest of plant based ingredients, is Young Living. While they are an essential oil company, they are also a fully-equipped natural products company. They have supplements, beauty products, household cleaning products, stuff for kids and babies, home purifiers, bath and shower products, oral care, and yes - even makeup! This makes it easy to simply ditch the products you’re currently using, and replace it with something Young Living has instead. It is your one-stop-shop for all things you will need for yourself, for your home, for your children, and for your health!
For over 22 years, Young Living has been the world leader in producing and guaranteeing 100% pure and potent therapeutic grade essential oils and plant based products. They’ve got this standard called “Seed to Seal,” which places them in a category higher than any other company in the world. Basically, what “seed to seal” means, is from the time the seed of the plant is sourced, until it is put into an essential oil bottle or a plant based product, Young Living applies the most rigorous quality controls possible to ensure that you are receiving the product exactly the way nature intended it to be. Simply put, the only thing inside the essential oil bottle is the plant itself – no additives, fillers, synthetic fragrances, preservatives, or dyes (which is NOT the same for store bought essential oils, hence why other brands are dangerous and highly toxic). The same goes for all of their products – the only ingredients within the products are the ones listed on the label, and they are all plant based. Not one single ingredient is synthetic, toxic, or chemically derived.
In fact, remember how we discussed how you can go to EWG.org or the Think Dirty app to view the toxicity of the products you are using? Most all products you are using, even the organic ones, have ingredients with levels that rank all the way up to a 10, 10 being the most toxic. With all of Young Living’s products, their ingredients have levels that rank nothing higher than a 1 or a 2. This goes to show and prove that there is no other company out there with safer, higher quality products – products that are also supporting your wellness, and not destroying it.